BREAKING: U.S. Supreme Court Upholds DACA

• Read about and review our news posting policy here. We are allowing back to back news due to pre-launch dating back to recent news.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Diversity is America’s greatest strength. The United States is a country built by immigrants, and our country is infinitely stronger as a result of the contributions DREAMers have made. DREAMers and immigrant youth are teachers, students, doctors, members of the military, our neighbors, fathers, mothers, sisters, and brothers. DREAMers embody American values and contribute to the strength and resilience of the United States every single day.

Today, the Supreme Court reaffirmed that DREAMers like me, who have lived and worked here all their lives, who have built families, served their communities, and fostered this idea of the American dream, belong in this country, the only country that we’ve ever known.

As a DACA recipient, I cannot put into words what this decision means to me. The relief, the joy, the sense of belonging. I felt all of those emotions when the decision was announced. Make no mistake about it: our country is stronger because of today’s decision. To the hundreds of thousands of DREAMers who have felt today’s decision in ways I cannot explain, let me tell you this: Nosotros pertenecemos. Estamos aqui para quedarnos. Nunca vamos a dejar de luchar contra la gente que nos dice que no merecemos estar aqui. Hoy, nos celebramos, y mañana regresamos a trabajo.

The Texas Democratic Party is proud to stand strongly and in solidarity with the DREAMers and immigrant youth here in Texas and across the country.

Today, the U.S. Supreme Court blocked the Trump administration’s efforts to end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, otherwise known as DACA. The Obama-era program protects people who were brought to the U.S. as children, from deportation. Chief Justice Roberts, joined by the court’s four more liberal Justices, wrote: “Here the agency failed to consider the conspicuous issues of whether to retain forbearance and what if anything to do about the hardship to DACA recipients.” The Court found these failures to be “arbitrary and capricious in violation of the APA.”