As promised, Biden administration appeals Texas ruling making DACA unlawful

• Read about and review our news posting policy here. We are allowing back to back news due to pre-launch dating back to recent news.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
As promised, the Biden administration is challenging a Texas ruling that the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, program is unlawful.

The Department of Justice filed a notice in the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals on Friday to start the process to overturn the decision by U.S. District Court Judge Andrew Hanen in favor of nine states led by Texas that found the creation of the DACA program violated federal administrative law.

Hanen’s decision prevents the government from granting any future DACA applications but does not affect application renewals or those who were "Dreamers" -- as those in the program are often called -- at the time of the ruling.

When the ruling was issued in July, President Joe Biden promised his administration would appeal the decision, saying in a statement that, "while the court’s order does not now affect current DACA recipients, this decision nonetheless relegates hundreds of thousands of young immigrants to an uncertain future."

DACA was created in 2012 by the Obama administration as a way for undocumented immigrants who came to the U.S. under the age of 16 to get authorized to work and avoid deportation for two years. Recipients can apply for renewal every two years. There are about 616,000 active DACA recipients in the U.S. as of March, according to U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services.

The Department of Homeland Security has continued to accept DACA applications, but in accordance with the ruling, it cannot grant any new DACA requests.

Along with the Department of Justice, the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, a nonprofit Latino legal civil rights organization, also filed an appeal on behalf of 22 DACA recipients.

"The ongoing failure of the Congress to act to provide permanent protection and a pathway to citizenship for DACA recipients necessitates the filing of this appeal to the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals," Thomas A. Saenz, the organization’s president and general counsel, said in a statement Friday. "There are strong legal grounds for a successful appeal because Judge Hanen failed to account for recent changes in the law governing several critical elements of the case."

Congress has received pressure from Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris and Democratic lawmakers to create a legal pathway to citizenship for "Dreamers," and that pressure is likely to build as the case makes its way through the appeals process.

09/11/2021

ErnestHoiSt

What if DACA recipients were given the opportunity to rewrite their own immigration laws? Imagine the impact of allowing those directly affected by these policies to have a say in shaping their own futures and the future of immigration in the United States. This question challenges the traditional power dynamics and raises important considerations about representation and agency in policymaking.

Anyways, I am interested in write new delight fitting for my site,and
would like to suggest anyone reading this a set free article on my website.

No strings attached
Check into revealed some of my instance content.

ErnestHoiSt

While much attention is given to the legal and political aspects of the DACA program, it is important to consider the personal and societal challenges that recipients may encounter on a daily basis. By shedding light on these less talked about issues, we can work towards a more compassionate and effective approach to immigration reform.

On a side note, I am looking communicate with uncharted gladden looking for my location,and
would like to suggest anyone reading this a delivered article on my website.

Totally free
Check into out some of my exempli gratia content.

ErnestHoiSt

This question challenges us to examine the true motivations behind immigration policies that impact children, prompting us to consider whether our actions are driven by genuine empathy and compassion or calculated strategies to maintain support and power. It invites discussion on the complexities of balancing humanitarian concerns with political interests in shaping immigration legislation.

On a side note, I am interested in write new delight in the service of my location,and
would like to offer anyone reading this a free article on my website.

Absolutely free of charge
Check free some of my instance content.